Monday, February 05, 2007

My car just became more valuable

Yeah, that title looks strange. Cars depreciate not appreciate in value.

But I have a 2004 Toyota Prius with the California HOV stickers on them. That means I can drive by myself in the car pool lane without getting a ticket.

In yesterdays (Sunday) paper there was a story that California has run out of stickers and anyone applying for them now will be turned down. So anyone who buys a hybrid now will not be able to use the car pool lane unless there is more then one person in the car (like everyone else).

So my car with only 25K miles on it with those stickers just went up in value as I'm sure there are those who want the car pool stickers but didn't get them. So the question is, do I sell my car at a profit and buy a new Prius without the stickers or keep my car. Since I do not normally drive the freeway, the stickers are of limited value to me. What to do? Any suggestions from our 1 or 2 readers?

No comments: