Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Changes are coming

Today is my 7 year anniversary at work. In that time, the company has gone from being an up and coming independent telecom provider to being part of one of the largest telecoms in the world. Our annual revenue ($700M) is hardly a rounding figure to BT (British Telecom) revenue of $65 Billion.

After graduating from Pepperdine with my MBA, I was looking for a job where I could use what I spent all that money learning. I had sent out my resume and the day I had an interview scheduled with a small company (its profitable) that looks to go public in a few years, the VP of finance offered me a position in the finance side of the business. The timing of the offer was incredible. The VP was leaving for vacation the next day and if he had waited to make the offer when he got back, most likely I would have already given notice in order to taken the position at the other company. As it is, I will continue to work at BT but in the finance area instead of the accounting area.

However, my new job means my time to blog will likely be curtailed. I will have to see, so the boss may have to step up and contribute more or this blog might go semi dormant again.

I should be moving to my new cubical Thurs or Fri and then for the next month work two jobs, my new job and my old job since there is a hiring freeze in place. It will be interesting, especially since March is our company's year end.

No comments: