Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back at work

Was off for part of last week. Had 4 days of vacation I had to use or I'd lose them so we went to Vegas. I'm able to take the time off because I'm on Spring Break from school. College kids think they "need" spring break to recover from their studies. Try going to school full time and working full time. Then one will understand the need for vacations.

The other two posters on this site have or are currently getting their advanced degrees while working full time so I'm sure agree with the above.

Anyway, Vegas was fun, went to Valley of Fire, saw the petroglyph made by the original settlers and the sandstone formations. Truly beautiful. Also saw a B-1 flying out of Nellis AFB. Too bad I was driving so couldn't get any pictures. It's a beautiful plane to see in the air. We also saw a B-17G in the air in Vegas. I wonder if it was the same one that was in Torrance last weekend. The B-17 is another beautiful plane to see in the air, wish I was able to photograph it, but was driving and don't have the correct type of camera to capture planes in the air. The boss does but he wasn't there.

Since we didn't win eough to retire, back to work we went. Well, its Vegas, we didn't expect anything different, but still had fun.

School starts again on Monday and according to the syllabus, its going to be a LOT of work. But keep telling myself, 14 weeks and its all done.

No comments: