Thursday, September 20, 2007

New Toys

For several years I had an MP3 player with a removable compact flash card for memory. However, the player couldn't take cards bigger then 1 gig and wanted more space for audio books.

My wife has had an ipod mini for several years and really enjoyed it so after Apple introduced the new iphone and ipod lines, started to look on ebay to see what an 80 gig ipod would go for. Was amazed that new ones were selling from $250 to $330, when Best Buy is selling them for $249. I actually bid on about 25 auctions and finally have my 80 gig. Its used but in great condition.

Of course I couldn't stop there, had to also get the FM tuner for my car since I don't have an MP3 plug in and a power cable and plug in cable for my wife's car so she can charge and listen to her ipod in the car.

Since we trade off cars twice a week, my Prius has car pool stickers so one person can use the HOV lanes in Cal, when she has to go downtown. The stickers save her about 20 min on her commute each way. So instead of transferring CDs from my car to hers, only have to plug in the ipod and can keep listening to the audio book. Also have music now at work which is nice so don't have to hear my co workers when they are on the phone. The joy of cubical life.

So with the new ipod, what about my old mp3 player? Well will salvage the CF card because our camera uses it but most likely will try to sell it on ebay as well with one of our smaller CF cards. Otherwise its off to the ewaste center.

Now I have my PDA, cell phone and ipod. The next thing is to see how to get all three into one package. NO the iphone is not the solution, my PDA is a Palm and I'm sticking with the OS. So can combine the PDA and cell phone (Treo) but they don't have the storage capacity for a music player. Will have to see what the companies come up with next.

No comments: