Friday, September 07, 2007

TGIF

Yes, I do give thanks to God that its Friday and I've been given another week of life. Not planning on dying anytime soon, but knowing how fragile life is and how quickly it can be taken away, I am thankful for every day, even when I have to go to work.

I haven't posted because there really isn't a lot going on. While my daily life may be of interest to my wife and myself, I don't pretend anyone else would be all that interested. Also, there hasn't been much in the news that has interested me. Fred Thompson has finally announced he is running for president. If this was December I might care, but at the moment, the 2008 election is of little interest to me.

Three items in the news for today:

In New York, there isn't going to be a memorial service on Sept 11 this year. Alicia Colon (New York Sun paper) thinks that is a good idea because we have only remembered those who died and NOT the event that caused their deaths. We are not remembering the horror of the day or the attack, only the victims and therefore we forget why we fight, we were attacked first.

There is a new conspiracy, the Irish this time. Worth reading, but PLEASE read the editors note at the end.

Exonerated Duke Lacrosse Players Seek $30 Million Settlement and if the city and university do not agree, the players will go to court and likely win a lot more.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: