Friday, February 15, 2008

$25 and Nothing in His Pocket...

...ten months later, Adam Shepard had an apartment, a pickup truck, and some money in the bank. An interesting exercise in how one man scratched his way from almost nothing to self-sufficient living. Adam:
...I set very realistic goals: $2,500, a job, car. This isn't a "rags-to-riches million-dollar" story. This is very realistic. I truly believe, based on what I saw at the shelter...that anyone can do that.
Excellent interview with the Christian Science Monitor.

I'm trying not to get on my soapbox to spout on an on about experiences I have limited knowledge of, but I know this means something--I just don't know to what extent. Let's leave it to you to decide what it means.

(h/t: In the Agora)

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: