Thursday, October 23, 2003

The New Republic Online: Easterbrook

In a recent flap, conservative writer Gregg Easterbrook made unfortunate and, really, unsmart comments towards the Jewish community, ESPN yanked his "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" column, a column that I rather enjoyed reading. Looking at ESPN's columnist lineup, even his past articles have been wiped out. Must have been some ugly argument: "YOU'RE FIRED AND WE'RE ERASING ALL EVIDENCE OF YOU", "WELL, I'M QUITTING AND TAKING MY ARTICLES WITH ME".

Easterbruck apologized for the gaffe, but that didn't buy him any second chances, apparently. I can't seem to find the ESPN/Easterbrook dustup anywhere online. His take on the situation can be found at The New Republic Online.

In honor on Mr. Easterbrook I humbly sumbit my first Haiku since the eighth grade:

ABC muzzles:
No more mega babes to see
Miss the TMQ

No comments: