Wednesday, May 23, 2007

1000th post

Well, since the boss isn't talking, and I don't mind the echo chamber as much, I'll take the 1000th post position. I know active blogs will reach their 1000th post in weeks, but ours went on a two year hiatus and this has always been more for fun then trying to become "known" as there are already so many GOOD bloggers on all types of subjects.

The business sim for my strategy class has some hard decisions to make over the next two weeks, planning on what to do with the company cash, expand production, buy back stock, pay down bonds, go to Vegas, pay dividends etc. Actually, going to Vegas isn't an option in the sim, unfortunately.

There are six of us on the team for the business sim and its a good team. There are 5 teams in the class and think this is the best team dynamics of the lot. Granted I don't know many of the other people well, two teams are from the Pasadena campus, but I do like our team. And since no one from school knows I blog or knows of this blog site, I'm not worried about anyone reading this or saying this for public consumption only.

Not much news I want to talk about, I am definitely not a hard core political junkie, I get burned out on constant war, politics and news. I still read the paper, but find it hard to get worked up about it like Hugh Hewitt or others. Its not that I don't have lots of opinions on stuff happening like the immigration bill or the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, but I prefer to listen then talk.

Ok, having blathered on, lets get to the news:

Another reason to never allow a group to establish a state with in a state and a major reason if a country allows refugees in to use the melting pot instead of allowing them to remain a distinct group without rights. Lebanon is having more problems with its Palestinian refugees and now its the Palestinians verses the Lebanese Army. Hat tip Lucianne.

What should Bud Selig do when Barry Bonds breaks Hank Aaron's home run record? What should fans of the sport of baseball do? I'm not a fan so it won't make much of an impact to me, but the Boss and another former contributor, who still has posting rights but hasn't posted in years (hint, hint) are BIG fans of the game. Comments at Lucianne have some interesting ideas.

US makes a show of force against Iran. Unless Iran thinks the US will actually launch an attack, why should they care? If the US will not or cannot launch an attack, why should it bother? Demonstrations of military power are only useful if the other side thinks you will use it. I do not believe anyone thinks the US will use military power against Iran unless Iran does something very stupid, like put a nuke bomb for sale on ebay or something like that.

No comments: