Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend & Monday Roundup

I took Friday off because I've accrued the max vacation time and if I didn't use 8 hours by the end of the month, would lose the June accrual. So even with a 3 day weekend, didn't get everything done and it went way to fast. Oh well, guess that is the way it goes.

Saw two things in the news this morning that caught my attention. Yes, with the fires on Catalina and Griffith Park, there is a lot of news out there, but these caught my attention.

Michael Yon has another informative dispatch from Iraq. He is pro-Iraq Freedom, but not a cheerleader. I highly recommend his work, even if he says things I don't like. He is honest. Hat tip Hugh Hewitt.

The other is something that is applicable for High School, College, Grad School and working stiff folks. How to become a millionaire. Its real simple. Live within your means (which means you may not always have the latest and greatest), Spend less then you make, save money and invest wisely. Going to Las Vegas is NOT an investment strategy. Hat tip Hugh Hewitt.

Have a good week and keep smiling, it makes them wonder what you have been up do.

No comments: