Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Funerals

There are somethings I really don't like doing. Going to the hospital, either for myself or to visit someone and attending funerals. I don't like going to the hospital because it means either I or someone I care about is hurt or sick and wish I didn't have to seem them like that. I of course go and am glad to see them, just wish they were not there and healthy and whole again.

Its the same thing with funerals. It means someone I know and care about is gone and seeing the sorrow of the families is hard. I still go, to say goodbye and to offer support to the families, but I do not enjoy them.

I'm attending the funeral of a friend's father, who past away last Monday. The father was a believer so know he is in a better place, one with out pain and in the presence of the Lord, but it is still hard to attend.

The tree squatters in Berkley, all they do is show the world how foolish they are. It also shows the world how foolish the UC Administration is. You prevent people from coming or going from the trees, no water or food, let the protesters leave and give them bills for the extra police time and if they have not been disposing of their bodily waste properly, give them toothbrushes to scrub the walkways to prevent any diseases from spreading. Job done and no one gets hurt. If the protesters are students, also expel them because they are not attending class and bill the parents for extra costs.

NYC is having a glut of attorneys. And I thought California was bad but apparently NYC is just being flooded. Guess they are all going to work in the financial industry either defending or attacking the mortgage bankers and the holders of such securities. I'm glad I am on the other side of the country. Good luck New York, it looks like you are going to need it.

No comments: