Thursday, April 22, 2004

Holy War

The opinion of a radical Muslim British citizen:

"But it was the events of 11 September that crystallised Sayful's worldview. 'When I watched those planes go into the Twin Towers, I felt elated,' he says. 'That magnificent action split the world into two camps: you were either with Islam and al Qaeda, or with the enemy. I decided to quit my job and commit myself full-time to al-Muhajiroun.' Now he does not consider himself British. 'I am a Muslim living in Britain, and I give my allegiance only to Allah.'

According to Sayful, the aim of al-Muhajiroun ("the immigrants") is nothing less than Khilafah - "the worldwide domination of Islam". The way to achieve this, he says, is by Jihad, led by Bin Laden. "I support him 100 per cent."

He ends the article:

"I want to warn that the police raids - if repeated - could create a bad situation.

"Islam is not like Christianity, where they turn the other cheek. If they raid our homes, it could lead to the covenant of security being broken.

"Islam allows us to retaliate. That would include" - he tugs his "Jihad" coat tight against the night air - "by violent means."

(cap tip to Andrew Sullivan)

No comments: