Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Graduation Day

Tonight my oldest niece graduates from High School. Where does the time go? When I met her back in December 1996, she was only 8 1/2 (my niece is the daughter of my wife's sister). She was a beautiful little girl and now has turned into a beautiful young woman. Yikes, I feel old. Will have another High School graduation to go to next year for my second oldest niece and an 8th grade graduation for my 3rd oldest niece. They are growing up too fast, not to mention they are either my height or taller, which is real depressing.

A few stories:

The US Mint made another mistake in making the new dollar coins. Although the coins have been out for a little while now, I haven't seen one yet. Another failed launch in that they are not being circulated and dollar bills being restricted so we never get to see them. They don't have to ban the paper dollar, just cut back production by 5 to 10% and replace them with the new coins to get them into circulation. Hat tip Hugh Hewitt.

More problems with low flush toilets, this time from Australia and people are not happy with the problems. Hat tip Lucianne.

Have a good day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: