Friday, June 15, 2007

I thought weekends were for fun

Well, it shows what I (don't) know. Tonight have to meet with my class team for 3 hours, Sunday meeting with them from 9 to 11am and Saturday will be my time to write. Sigh. 7 weeks to go and then freedom. Saturday I also HAVE to get to the gym or my doctor will be very upset with me (ok more then usual). So it will be a busy weekend.

On to the news:

The OTC diet pill Alli has been approved by the FDA. Before then it was only sold by prescription and it will block about 25% of the fat eaten being absorbed by the body. Of course the side effects can be embarrassing. As the displays warn, wear dark color pants and bring a change of clothes with you to the office.

What should be done at ground zero in New York City? Alica Colon thinks the twin towers should be rebuilt. While I emotionally agree with this, I'm not sure it will make economic sense. I don't know if I would want to work up high in a high target building. Hat tip Lucianne.

The civil war in Gaza continues. However, you don't hear much about it in the press nor about the civilian casualties. After all, any civilians killed in Iraq (especially if killed by US forces) or Lebanon (especially if killed by Israel) make front page news. Are the Palestinian civilians not worth the same coverage even if Israel is not to blame? Hat tip Lucianne.

Finally, a jet engine was tested that was able to reach 10 times the speed of sound. When they can put that on an airplane, then trips to Asia will be fun and not pure yuck instead. Hat tip Lucianne.

Have a fun weekend and enjoy it, you could be doing homework like me.

No comments: