Wednesday, May 12, 2004

A New E-Mail from the Front in Iraq: "I Ask That the American People Be Brave"

From Amy Ridenour's National Center Blog

I have just received an e-mail from Army Spc. Joe Roche, who was briefly able to take a break from the thick of the fighting against Al-Sadr's forces in Iraq to tell us what he is seeing and experiencing.

Because I am fearful that I will alter the immediacy of his piece if I edit it, I am presenting it here intact (except I removed from the text the name of an injured soldier).

The next time you see one of those photos from the prison abuse scandal story, remember that the soldiers in those photos are aberrant. This is what an American soldier is really like.


This is what the folks at the pointy end of the stick are thinking, kind of different from what we see on CNN/Network News. Very good read.

No comments: