Thursday, January 03, 2008

Dirty Job

I scuba dive for recreation, but think this job falls under the category "they can't pay me enough to do this". Mike Rowe here is a new dirty job for you.


Some people might pooh-pooh it, but Brendan Walsh likes his job.

I'VE been a professional diver for 25 years. My company will do any job that involves wetness. As long as there's a fluid of some kind, we'll attack it. We'll do anything from pier rebuilds and bringing up boats that have sunk, to high-tech diving in sewage farms.

Mostly we do general maintenance at the sewage farms but it could be rebuilding pumps or clearing blockages. I've done about 1000 hours of sewage diving. Working in a pit of sewage is very difficult; you can't see anything for a start, so everything's done by feel.

Here is the money quote of the article, well for me anyway.
It doesn't really worry us, what we're diving in, but it would be nicer if people actually chewed their corn.

1 comment:

Rob said...

*barf*

This is sick.