Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Obama v. Clinton

Now, mind, I'm a CCRWC* but for some odd reason Obama has seemed to be more attractive to me than Clinton from the perspective, "the lessor of two evils". For the longest time I wondered why, especially puzzling is I know nothing about their positions to have informed me of this.

Then, this morning, I Knew.

Despite the fact I know very little of the Democratic candidates, I realize the feeling is a product of media perception and how the candidates have appeared. In fact, it's a product of the media perceptions that I hold from previous campaigns. Interestingly, I realized that Obama, being black and younger, appears to the casual viewer to be less of the "Establishment" than Clinton--who (in my mind) comes more from the "old monied power-broker" sort of crowd.

There's little, to me, that distinguishes political candidates other than their chosen ideology--most having the money and connections to have made it as far as they have; somehow, Obama comes across less so. At least to this distant observer.

====
*Card Carrying Right-Wing Conservative

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: