Thursday, January 17, 2008

Happy birthday to me

Yes today is my birthday and I have to be at work, how sad is that. Oh well. Did learn one interesting trivia fact today, listening to a biography on Ben Franklin and his birthday is also January 17th 1706. He's only 260 years older then me. Doesn't mean anything but is interesting trivia.

In the news today:

Reagan was a man of the possible, not a saint. Victor Davis Hanson reminds us the former President made a lot of decisions that were not popular at the time and would mean he would not be electable today. It doesn't take away from the accomplishments of President Reagan to say he was not perfect, nor was he a saint, but rather it reminds us in choosing our leaders today, look for those who can get things done and stand fast, rather then ideology purity.

Alicia Colon writes why she likes Fred Thompson. I can only agree with her.

WSJ's John Fund looks at government issued photo ID requirements are embraced by Democrats when it is in their interest.

Finally, from NRO Corner, a look at the Taliban in Pakistan and the numbers of people under arms they have for operations. If these reports are correct, Pakistan will need more help from the US, supplies and equipment rather then troops to destroy the bad guys.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

Andrew ... Happy Birthday, brother!

You're right, Reagan would not be electable today. As far as I was concerned, when he first ran for Pres, I wouldn't have voted for him.

I would have voted for him in 1992, though.

I miss Ronnie Ray-Gun!

Rob said...

Happy birthday, dude. Hope it was just a bright ray of sunshine.