Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The winner is . . . . . .

Well we have had 3 States elect delegates for the republican primaries so far, 2 caucuses and one primary. Iowa was first, Wyoming was second and now New Hampshire. We have had two sanctioned Democratic primaries so far, Iowa and New Hampshire.

On the Democratic side, Obama and Hillary both have one win each and it will now be interesting to see how each does in the South.

On the Republican side, Huckabee, Romney and McCain each have one win. Now they will have to show they can run a national campaign and the South may have different views on what they want in a candidate then the first 3 States.

California has already sent out its absentee ballots, yet I haven't seen any commercials or received any junk mail from the candidates for the Feb 5 primary. Will be interesting to see if anyone bothers to campaign here, especially since many Republican voters tend to vote absentee and will have made a choice before any candidates arrive.

I also haven't seen any Democratic candidates commercials yet, but they can wait since more Democratic voters vote on election day then Republicans.

Will be interesting to see what will happen.

On a personal note, I had jury service this week. I am so glad LA County has changed the system. The old system was you went to the court for two weeks and sat around waiting.

Now its one week, one day or one trial. I was on call for this week and had to call in each day to see if I needed to report. If they don't need me I go to work and if after 5 days they haven't had me come in, my service is done. If they call me in to the court and haven't been put in a court room by the end of a day, my service is done (this is what happened to me yesterday). If I had been sent to a trial and got on a panel, once the trial is over my service is done. Its not a bad system and I did get to read a book yesterday which is always good.

Have a good day.

No comments: