Thursday, July 01, 2004

normblog: The 'compassion' of the Left

Instapundit points us to normblog, who quotes leftie columnist, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, in the Evening Standard:

I am ashamed to admit that there have been times when I wanted more chaos, more shocks, more disorder to teach our side a lesson. On Monday I found myself again hoping that this handover proves a failure because it has been orchestrated by the Americans.

Also check out the quote from a radio interview:

Chiles: So where do you stand on the whole business [Iraq] now? You'd rather we just never bothered in the first place?

Alibhai-Brown: Well, you know, it's really difficult; I was thinking this morning - I mean the kind of moral trauma. I've been against the war and part of you begins to... you know, it's horrible how your mind works. You think 'Good!', you wake up thinking 'Good, there's all this mess'. And then you have to question your own self, saying what kind of a human being are you, that you want this mess? So, I think I'm terrified of what's happening. I don't think we can pull out now.

Crap. Pure crap. Can you guess at my anger whenever I read crap like this? I'd sure like to wish "more chaos, more shocks and more disorder" into Ms. Alibhai-Brown's life, but that would be stooping to her level. I'd just rather see a stable Iraq, just to spite her and her ilk. Iraq not only has to fight it's own internal power struggles, but it also has to fight those who hate America.

No comments: