Monday, July 05, 2004

Smart Man

Coach K to remain at Duke. The soap opera that is known as the Lakers is no place for a good man like him. The really bad thing is that the Lakers/Duke/Krzyzewski should NOT have let this out of the bag. Now whoever takes the Lakers' job will seem to be the second choice. Not good, not good. Thinking about it, it will probably mean that the Lakers won't get a tier 1 coach and end up with some assistant coach taking on an interim job for a year.

What a mess.

Follow Up: Apparently I'm wrong. Rudy T is the "clear-cut No. 2 choice". (Boy, talk about backhanded compliments) I think that Rudy T is an excellent choice, if he'll take it.

Follow Up To the Follow Up: I wonder. . .I wonder if Rudy T is really the Lakers first choice. Since the Boy Wonder didn't select Rudy T, I wonder if the Lakers made it seem like they tried to get Kobe's man (K), but failed. .. thus leaving the franchise no alternative but to get Rudy T.

No comments: